TIPS FOR A SAFE NEW YEAR
If you are celebrating this night away from home, there are many ways to have a great time while staying safe.
Here are some tips for you to consider before you ring in the New Year:
- If you are traveling with friends, find out if someone is willing to be the designated sober driver. However, make sure you also have a backup plan in case your friend ends up having a drink. Anything can happen and your safety should not be left up to chance.
- Consider a ridesharing service like Uber or Lyft. It is not uncommon for these apps to offer free rides on New Year’s Eve to ensure people do not drive drunk at the end of the night, so figure out what your options are while planning your evening.
- If you do not want to use a ridesharing service, public transportation is another option that can help get you home safely.
HELP PREVENT DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENTS
If you are planning on hosting a New Year’s Eve party, you can also play a role in reducing drunk driving accidents.
The following tips will help keep others safe:
- Provide plenty of food. If your guests drink on an empty stomach, they will get drunker faster. Try to avoid salty snacks, however, since they tend to make people drink more.
- Stop serving alcohol hours before the party ends.
- Serve other beverages besides alcohol, such as soda, juice, and water. Not everyone wants to drink and, if there are some designated drivers among your guests, having non-alcoholic options available will make staying sober easier.
- If possible, let guests who cannot safely drive back home spend the night. Even if all you can offer is a couch and a blanket, it is better than letting them drive drunk.
SPEAK TO ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS ABOUT YOUR CASE TODAY!
If you were injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, the experienced team at Omega Law Group Injury & Accident Attorneys will fight on your behalf for compensation.
Call our law office today at 866-942-3881 to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys to get started.