LOS ANGELES CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
INJURED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT? WE CAN HELP
If you have been injured in an car accident in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, or a surrounding area, you probably have some questions on your mind. You may be wondering how you’re going to pay your medical bills, how you can secure a fair settlement, and how you can hold a negligent driver accountable for your injuries.
Unlike many other personal injury firms, at Omega Law Group, we help our clients every step of the way.
From getting our clients fair and prompt resolutions to their property damage claims to helping them find superior medical care, our Los Angeles car accident lawyers strive to maximize every settlement.
DO I NEED A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
When a car accident upends your life, you need to know what steps to take next in order to get your car fixed and your medical bills paid. You can sit back and wait for the insurance company to offer compensation, but insurance companies are notorious for only covering the bare minimum of your expenses.
Your best chance of receiving fair compensation for your injuries and other losses is to hire a car accident attorney in Los Angeles. Our auto accident attorneys at Omega Law Group have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for accident victims just like you. Give us a call to see how we can help.
There are many advantages to hiring a car accident lawyer, such as:
- They have the knowledge and skill to file your claim correctly and meet important deadlines.
- They have the resources to investigate your accident and collect evidence that proves liability.
- They know what your claim is worth and can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Studies show that hiring an attorney can result in compensation that is nearly three times higher than claimants who went it alone. Insurance companies employ expensive defense attorneys to fight for their best interests, so it only makes sense that you should do the same. Let Omega Law Group fight for you.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A CAR ACCIDENT CLAIM?
In California, there is a set period of time in which a person can file a lawsuit after a car accident. This is known as the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in California, including those related to car accidents, is typically two years from the date of the incident.
It is important to note that the clock starts ticking on the date of the accident, not the date of any subsequent injuries or medical treatment. If someone fails to file a lawsuit within this window of time, they may lose their legal right to seek compensation for their injuries.
Therefore, if you have been involved in a car accident in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, or a surrounding area, it is important to speak with an experienced car crash attorney as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
TYPES OF AUTO ACCIDENT CASES WE HANDLE
We help clients file lawsuits for virtually any type of collision, regardless of the severity of their injuries. With decades of combined experience, our Los Angeles car accident attorneys have seen it all. Our knowledge and extensive resources are two qualities that set us apart and qualify us to handle your case.
- Distracted driving accidents
- Accidents caused by a drunk driver
- Rideshare accidents, such as Lyft, Uber, or HopSkipDrive
- Freeway accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents involving out-of-state drivers
- Accidents involving passenger injuries
- Teenage driver accidents
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist claims
WHAT TYPES OF COMPENSATION CAN I RECOVER AFTER A CRASH?
Car crash victims may be entitled to several different types of compensation, including:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to recover compensation for all of your medical expenses related to the car accident. This can include hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy, and any other treatment you needed as a result of the accident.
- Lost wages: If you missed time from work as a result of the accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your lost wages. This can include both the wages you would have earned had you not been injured, as well as any bonuses or commissions you would have earned.
- Pain and suffering: You may also be able to recover compensation for the pain and suffering you experienced as a result of the accident. This can include both physical and emotional pain and suffering.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement. You may also be able to recover compensation for any other property that was damaged in the accident.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may also be able to recover punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish the at-fault party for their negligence and are not available in every case.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one was killed in a car accident, you may be able to recover compensation through a wrongful death claim.
WHAT IS COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW?
Car accident claims in California are based on “pure comparative negligence.” Under this law, you may recover compensation from any other at-fault party regardless of how much your actions contributed to the collision. That said, your percentage of fault will reduce your maximum eligible compensation.
For example, say you were injured in a crash and suffered $100,000 worth of damages, including medical expenses, vehicle repairs, and lost income. At trial, a jury determines that you are 15% at fault for the crash because you were speeding. You would then recover a maximum of $85,000 (or $100,000 less 15%).
Insurance adjusters are well aware of these comparative fault rules and will likely use this knowledge while assessing the value of your claim. For this reason, it is essential to work with a Los Angeles auto accident attorney who can ensure you are treated fairly and maximize your chances of securing compensation.
THE MOST DANGEROUS ROADWAYS IN LOS ANGELES
Los Angeles is one of the most congested cities in the world. L.A.’s roadways are notoriously dangerous and are the site of more than 3,000 traffic fatalities each year. While drivers should be vigilant and drive defensively at all times, specific stretches of roadways require extra care due to their higher density of accident fatalities than others.
According to data from 2015 and 2016, the most dangerous roadways in the Los Angeles area based on fatal crashes per mile are:
- Sierra Highway: Located in Canyon Country in the Santa Clarita Valley, this 3.51-mile stretch of road accounted for 10 fatal crashes at a rate of 2.85 fatalities per mile.
- I-405: Also known as the San Diego Freeway, this 5.76-mile section of this major freeway connecting Sherman Oaks to Van Nuys was the site of 6 fatal crashes at a rate of 1.04 fatalities per mile.
- I-5: Arguably Southern California’s most congested freeway, The Golden State Freeway was the site of 28 fatal crashes on the 28-mile stretch from Bell Gardens to Sylmar. This is roughly 1 fatality per mile.
- Route 57: The 9.85-mile stretch of Route 57 running through Los Angeles County was the site of 9 fatal crashes at a rate of 0.913 per mile.
- State Route 118: Also known as the Ronald Reagan Freeway, this stretch of highway was the location of 9 fatal crashes at a rate of 0.88 fatalities per mile.
GET STARTED WITH A FREE CONSULTATION
At Omega Law Group, our Los Angeles car accident attorneys go above and beyond to help. We always pick up the phone for our clients, who have our personal cellphone numbers. We never forget that we serve our clients and never take that for granted. We also never settle a case for less than it’s worth to make a case go away.
Clients trust us with their cases, and we understand the responsibility that comes with that.
Contact Omega Law Group today at 866-942-3881 to schedule a FREE consultation with our auto accident attorneys in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. You don’t pay unless we win your case.